Is Metal Detecting allowed in Arkansas state parks: YES - by permit, only on specific public beaches.
Park Directive 3025 dated Oct 10, 2006 -
Metal Detecting is allowed only on specific public beaches from Labor Day through the weekend preceding Memorial Day Sunday through Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the following parks: You will need to contact the park you are visiting for a permit.
- Crowley's Ridge 870-285-2201
- Daisy 870-398-4487
- DeGray Lake Resort 501-865-2801
- Lake Catherine 501-844-4176
- Lake Charles 870-878-6895
- Lake Dardanelle 479-967-5516
- Lake Ouachita 501-767-9366
- Village Creek 870-238-9406
- Woolly Hollow 501-679-2098
FMDAC Disclaimer: FMDAC assumes no responsibility for any person who knowingly or accidentally violates any state park regulation. Although FMDAC will try to keep this information current we cannot anticipate how each regulation will be interpreted by a specific park department, park employee or other government employee. It is the sole responsibility of each individual to know and obey the regulations of the park or area they are visiting and or metal detecting.